Thursday, August 30, 2007

i'm in love

**********************************************************
Fall Into You- Sarah Kelly
p.s. 4
**********************************************************

So this morning the Business office called and said "we have bagels! come have one!" so being the food loving woman that I am, I cruised over there.

There were five cute little bagels wrapped in wax paper and for whatever strange reason that only God could explain, i just grabbed one. I didn't care what kind it was. Jackie said- "oh, that's an onion one" to which I replied "cool" and proceded to put spread on it and walk it back to my desk.

If you know me even a little bit, you probably know that I'm a fairly picky eater. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination an adventurous eater. I don't like my food to touch. I know what I like and I'm happy with that. New foods are not exciting to me- they annoy me.

I've never had an onion bagel before. The thought of eating an onion flavored anything at breakfast kind of grosses me out whenever I go to the bagel shop.

But today I knowingly and willingly ate an onion bagel.

And it was amazing.

I'm in love.

4 comments:

Brent said...

Wow. Don't get crazy now! Stepping out is good, but don't take it too far.

Jessica McKnight said...

I personally go for the Chocolate Chip bagel. BUT it's the people that order the Onion bagels and get them toasted that I am in feud with. See, they get them toasted, but then the bagel place (which will go unnamed for now) won't clean off the toaster and then poor innocent victims like myself, get little flecks of onion on their chocolate chip bagels. Not cool. Wow... this is a blog in itself. Yeah it makes me slightly pubic.

annie said...

delicious. I love onion bagels. Not the kind of thing that you want to eat right before an interview, but SOOO good!

Heather McTaggart said...

So I was thinking...I MISS AMBER! Then someone comes to the kitchen at work today and says "I saw Brent and Amber walking out of church down the stairs!" My reaction...I am 50ft. away in the kitchen and I got no Amber hugs today...boo hoo! SEE ME SOON!