Sunday, August 12, 2007

to be a gift

Monday Morning

PS: 2

Heart Song: Every Perfect Gift- Chris Tomlin

*****************************************

Has anyone ever said to you, "you are a gift"?

My friend Amy tells me that all the time. At first I thought it was strange, to actually be a gift, but as I've gotten to know her (and the more she's said it) the more it makes sense to me and the more I like it.

In James chapter 1 v. 17 it says, "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."

I'll often walk away from a coffee date, lunch date or a day at disneyland and think "wow, that person is fabulous." Especially lately- I've had some pretty rad people breeze right through the doors of my heart without knocking, and I don't mind it one bit. God is blessing me in ways I never expected.

As I was walking to my car last night I thought about what Amy says to me all the time (it's something I say as well, on occasion, but only when I really mean it) and how every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord. I was thinking about the wonderful people in my life and how I'm such a blessed woman.

You're a gift.

2 comments:

Brent said...

I know. I'm awesome.

ambrosia said...

Brent... as always, your humility is overwhelming. thanks for modeling true modesty for all of us.