Friday, August 3, 2007

let's get this party started- part 2

So if you know me you may know my friend Courtney- she's fabulous. She's so fabulous, in fact, that I moved in with her. Yes, I like her that much (I don't like very many people this much... my husband better be pretty freaking fantabulous)

So she had an interview today in the department I'm currently temp-ing in... that was a funny conversation... "hi, Courtney? this is Amber calling, not Amber your roommate, but Amber in the IT department at Vanguard University calling to see if you can come in for an interview sometime this week? How's Friday at ten? Great! see you at home for dinner!"
hahaha

her interview went okay... i still haven't gotten the 411 from my boss on how HE thought it went... we'll see.

anyways...
As courtney was walking out the door I got a call from that fabulous department I blogged about earlier this week- "hi amber? I know I said we'd try to get you in here on tuesday for a second interview, but can you come over right now?"
.......
"um... I'm in jeans and a t-shirt" (it's casual friday)
"oh that's okay, I'll tell him you looked really nice yesterday"
"Thanks."

The impromptu second interview went fine, I did, however, tell a baby fib... I'll go to confession later to for that one ;)

So I'll know by next week if I have a CAREER or just a job...

*fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Brent said...

Nice. Hopefully you and Courtney get the jobs.
Then you can make dinner and you can invite me over to celebrate. Or we can go out to eat and to celebrate you can buy. I'm ok with you and Courtney cooking or buying my dinner.

ambrosia said...

nothing would make me happier than to buy YOU dinner to celebrate MY new job...
you already know me so well ;)