Monday, August 6, 2007

this is me... throwing a pubic...

so, I just got paid $96 to sit at a desk and do nothing all day.
and by "nothing," I mean nothing..

My brother and I would always laugh when we'd watch Office Space, joking that we needed to get jobs where we could do nothing all day and get paid for it...
But it's actually not that great.
Really.
It's quite boring.

and it's making me very VERY pubic. so much so that not only do I not want to go dancing tonight (it's what I do on monday nights... it's my thing) but I don't want to talk to anyone; I don't want to look at anyone. At least not in this office. Everyone is running around like crazy people with loads to do and I have to sit at this desk and answer the phone when it rings three times during the day and smile at people when the walk in the door only to have them walk right past me because they know where they're going and what they need and who they need to talk to...
they don't need my help.
nobody needs my help.


Now don't get me wrong. I'm grateful to have a job. I know there's lots of people out there that are unemployed and looking for work. I'm thankful and truely grateful that I've managed to find gainful employment- trust me. I was unemployed for several weeks before landing where I'm at now. I was going out of my mind doing nothing and not getting paid for it.
Now I'm getting paid to go crazy.

9 comments:

Brent said...

Getting paid for nothing. Sounds good to me.
I know what you mean. I'd rather be busy.

Keith said...

Don't worry, it will get busier. You will be given more responsibility. those who are shown to be trustworthy with little are given much. Remember? Those aren't my words, friend. Be patient. Your turn will come.

ambrosia said...

for those of you who don't know about "that word" check out my friends' blog- www.arewestilltalking.blogspot.com

it will explain everything

Keith said...

it explained nothing. They just threw the word around.... sorry friend.

ambrosia said...

did you read their entry from July 19th?

chym and stack said...

http://arewestilltalking.blogspot.com/2007/07/ubicpay.html

ambrosia said...

thanks girls!

Keith said...

that totally helped. Big mahalo ladies.

Jessica McKnight said...

I'm late to the conversation, but had to say something. Amber, I am RIGHT there with you! Getting paid for nothing is not fun at all. It gets old really fast.