Sunday, August 5, 2007

moving day

So I'm moved. Done.
This was the first time I've moved without a boyfriend in... four years. It's just always kind of worked out that I had some poor guy in my life to sucker into helping me move... (In the last four years, I've moved seven times)
So this time, as I was getting ready to make moving arrangements, I kind of didn't know where to start... but I rented a truck, hired a helper (who didn't show up) and moved myself. Natalie and her amazing husband Tim helped with the first half of the move, but today, I did the second half myself. MYSELF!
I discovered today that I am freakishly strong.
Freakish.
Like Monica on Friends.
But I'm not gonna lie- strong men make moving much easier... yea, it's so much easier to just stroke an ego and say "wow, you're so strong! your muscles are so big!" than to actually drag the huge wardrobe box down the stairs myself and then proceed to stuff it into a friends borrowed suv (thanks Courtney) and then drag it into my new room... yea, guys make moving easier...

but this time, I'M the one who gets to be strong.
today, I'M the one with the big guns.
and now my back is killing me.