Tuesday, August 21, 2007

that's funny...

Today I drove past a chiropractor's office that had a sign out front that said "Crawl-in's Welcome"



Our new phone book has an add pasted to the cover for a bail bond company that uses as their slogan "We're ugly, but we're honest"



Dear man at Rubio's who wouldn't take no for an answer when you asked me for my phone number,
I'm sorry that you were so pushy that I had to give you a fake number. I kept telling you no but apparently that wasn't a word in your vocabulary. I did very much appreciate the free churro and drink upgrade, but I still won't go out with you. Thank you for understanding.

Dear Rubio's,
Thank you for making such yummy churros. They taste better than the one's at Disneyland and I don't have to deal with a snotty nosed kid in line in front of me trying to wipe his boogers on my pant legs. They're so yummy that to get one for free is a super sweet deal, even if I have to endure being harassed by one of your employees.

Dear person who's number happened to be the one I gave to the man at Rubio's,
I'm sorry.
Good luck.

4 comments:

Brent said...

That's funny.

Jessica McKnight said...

Amber this is hilarious... YOU are hilarious!

ambrosia said...

jessica... you are too kind. Just yesterday someone informed me that I was not, in fact, hilarious... so thank you for the encouragement... you've inspired me to keep blogging.

Brent said...

Jessica meant funny, not hilarious.