Monday, September 17, 2007

why you shouldn't act like an idiot....

because you might hurt yourself.
Yesterday Brent and I had an AWESOME time at Disneyland, hanging out with friends, laughing and having tons of fun. we decided to leave around nine- we took the tram back to the parking structure. we were parked on the very top level, which means you take the one LOOOOONNNG escalator and then one baby escalator to get to the top level. the "up" side wasn't moving, but the "down" side was- so.... Brent started climbing the "up side" and i (like an idiot) decided i was going to run and beat him by going twice as fast up the "down" side, that was moving down....
yea... i got to the top and ate it... i pretty much belly flopped right onto the landing. (look for the video on youtube... the security guys probably peed themselves laughing at my wipeout watching it over and over and over again...)
i jammed my shoulder cut my elbow, both knees (one of which is swollen and i'm icing it periodically), i hurt my wrists and bonked my head on the side of the escalator... all in the name of.... not thinking

so if you see me walking around today- this is why i'm walking like THAT...

8 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

My poor little friend! If you need some extra care, call me! I will bring you chicken noodle soup, heating pad and something with LOTS OF SUGAR!

Brent said...

HA!

Heather McTaggart said...

Brent=MEAN!

Andrew said...

If you got hurt in a way that you were permanently impaired, then I would feel bad for you....but you didn't, so...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

ambrosia said...

heather: brent is referencing a game we played with annie at dinner where if you laugh at something, you can only make one loud "HA!" and stop... it's sooooo hard but makes everyone else laugh even more
andrew: laugh all you want. i'm still laughing... especially at the fact that this incident is the reason brent now has a first aid kit in his car- now he'll be prepared for the next time i do something ridiculous and draw blood or concuss myself ;)

Keith said...

that is FREAKIN awesome! my question though: did you beat him up the escalator?

ambrosia said...

I did, indeed beat him up the escalator :)
I'm the winner.

annie said...

Dear Amber,
I am very sorry for this unhappy painful experience. Especially since you almost beat him to the top (like the champion that I know you are)... you'll get Brent next time. It was clearly NOT you, but the escalator.

Love,
Annie

p.s. Watch out escalators... Amber will have no mercy or tolerance next time you think about pulling some of your shinanagins.