Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dear HelpDesk...

Dear Help Desk,

My computer, I believe, has fried. It smelled like burning plastic and now it won't turn on. Can you please come fix it?
Thanks!

Oh, and could you please fix it by tomorrow? Thanks!


*this is the second computer she's melted

Dear Help Desk,
I have a random question: we have a radio that was taken out of our car….what should I do with that???
Thanks!
*what??

Hi Helpdesk!
I just got a call that said that my computer is ready to be picked up and I wanted to email you to check to make sure that it really was ready... let me know if it's really ready and I'll come get it...
*what??? Why would we call you and say your computer is ready if it's not really ready?

This is an actual work request we received...

Room 202: Someone took a poop outside the window of room 202 on the ledge of the residence hall and it is sitting there. It would be very nice to have it removed before new students come in. Also. It would be nice to have the ledge around the residence hall cleaned of random trash items.... slightly large... for instance a sandal, hand cream, and previously mentioned poop. Thank You.

*WHAT?? in case you didn't catch it, this would mean that someone would have had to lean OUT THE WINDOW and do their business...

Dear Help Desk,
Is there any way for my email address to be changed? It's too hard for me to remember.
Thanks
-dumb student

*Their email address is lastname.firstname... but that's too difficult to remember

Dear HelpDesk-
I'm having trouble getting my computer to connect to the internet, do you mind if I bring it down and have Jon take a look at it?
-Lola
Hi Lola- Sure, no problem. Anytime this afternoon would be fine.


this is what she brought in to my office....



this is what i do every day....

4 comments:

annie said...

Wow... I bet you have some AWESOME stories that go along with these crazies that send you e-mails. SOO funny.

Keith said...

WTF?!?!?! are you serious?!?!?

ambrosia said...

Keith... i seriously could not make this stuff up. especially the part about the poop. or the desktop computer on my counter. i've been working on this blog for months. i could write a whole blog or five on just dumb student questions... but i won't. we've all been there once. some of us, it's been more than once ;)

Brent said...

I work with smart people...most of the time.