Monday, September 17, 2007

that's not my name

so today, I was sitting at my desk, minding my own beeswax, and one of my co-workers walked into my "area" and introduced me to two independant contractors who'll be working here with us for the next few weeks. Here's how the conversation went:
Ken: "Karen, Alexis, I would like to introduce you to our front office receptionist, Beth."
Karen and Alexis: "HI BETH! HI BETH! It's so great to meet you!"
I smile. "It's nice to meet both of you"
We shake hands.
Karen and Alexis both simultaneously look from my eyeballs, to my nametag (which says AMBER BAKER) back up to my eyeballs, confusedly smile (is confusedly a word? if not, it should be) look at each other, look back at Ken and he leads them next door to introduce them to everyone else in the office. by their correct name.

lame-o.

No comments: