Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ain't that a kick in the head?

In the past week I've learned...


*I can't keep candy in my desk... I'll eat it all...

*Can't keep crackers here, either....

*Apparently people just can't help themselves... [there is a sign on my desk that says "ring bell for service" and nine times out of ten people feel the need to look me in the eye and ring the bell in defiance] I've almost bitten a hole in my tongue to keep from threatening to cut off their fingers...

*I can "hold it" longer than I ever thought possible... (I miss Bob and Wayne)

*Kim and Stacy were right... I do miss my parents

*I'm much more socially awkward than I thought I was... I get nervous and say weird things...

*Microsoft Office 2007 isn't as horrible as I thought it would be

*Tee shirts with inappropriate messages make me laugh out loud.... "HA!" (that's for you, annie)

*I wouldn't change the place I'm in for anything. even if it did mean not having to eat burnt leftovers from dinner because I have to save money ;) "it builds character" heck yes it does!

*this will always be my favorite movie scene: Preface- Sam's mom/Daniel's wife just died...

Daniel: So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
Sam: You really want to know?
Daniel: I really want to know.
Sam: Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel: Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam: Okay. Well, the truth is... actually... I'm in love.
Daniel: Sorry?
Sam: I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel: [laughs] Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam: No.
Daniel: Oh, well, okay, right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Well, because I thought it would be something worse.
Sam: [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

*my favorite part of the day is when my boss blasts "Everything I do, I do it for you" at 3:40 and lip syncs into a ruler

4 comments:

Brent said...

Not exactly striking realizations, but well done.

Shanda said...

Okay so I know that I know what movie this is from... I remember the scene and who is in it... but what's the name of the movie?

annie said...

Thanks for the "HA!" shout out. Those T-shirts make me laugh too. Another reason why we are friends...

ambrosia said...

Love Actually