Monday, October 8, 2007

Wedding

My cousin got married yesterday at the Botanical Gardens in Arcadia. It was so much fun to see my awesome family and see my cousin get hitched!
Highlights:
*It was an outside wedding in an orange grove 50 yards in front of a waterfall!!!
*Having my mom ask me and my cousin to go stand up in front of the waterfall in front of all the wedding guests BEFORE the ceremony so she could take our picture... to which I replied: "Absolutely not"
mom:"why not??"
me: "Don't be ridiculous. You can take our picture AFTER THE WEDDING"
my aunt, who's sitting next to my mom: "Thank you, Amber. That's what I told her"
*Playing 20 questions with my cousin about what kind of wedding I want
*listening to 12 different versions of the wedding march on the way there, each one "just a little different" and trying to help my dad pick out the perfect one for Tom and Heidi
*freaking my dad out by lying and telling him I want to get married at Disneyland
*freaking my mom out by lying and telling her I want Chick-Fil-A to cater my wedding
*Tom being so "vacclemt" that he couldn't say his own wedding vows
*My uncle almost dying because he ate cake with strawberries
*the most awkward best man speech I've ever heard (I'm tempted to say "ever" but I'm sure there have been worse) "The only reason Tom asked me to be his best man is because I blackmailed him- that's why none of you recognize me... So now you've taken on every aspect of each other's lives.... how incredibly daunting that must feel.... hope it works out" (the best part was Tom's face- it was as though he was thinking "what the heck are you talking about? who would say something like that? please stop talking. Now.")
*Dancing with my Aunt's to "sexyback" (ask me for a demo- we tore up that dance floor!)
*passing out tums at the table like candy to my aunts and uncles
*remembering the funny parts about my cousin, Nicole's wedding (hi nicole! thanks for reading! Remember Katie at your wedding???)
*being "almost next"
*walking around barefoot because my feet were bleeding :(
*having so much fun I could hardly stand it!

2 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

I am SO glad you had fun BUT really the highlight of MY day was you stopping in to see me! THANKS! Also, I can't wait till you get married...hehe!

Brent said...

What do you mean LYING about Disneyland and Chick-fil-A?