Wednesday, October 10, 2007

actual phone conversation from today

obsessive mother, panicked, irritated, angry and talking really, really quickly (profanities have been omitted to keep it G-rated): I was just told that there's no way for me to call my daughter's room directly. If I have to call the main line and be transferred to my daughters extension by the operator every time I want to call her, then I have a problem with that because the switchboard is only open from 8-5 Monday through Friday. What if her cellphone wasn't working and there was an emergency where I needed to contact her, for example if there was an earthquake, terrorist attack or a fire?"

me (not thinking): "Ma'am, I'm sure that if there was a fire, your daughter wouldn't be in her room."


**jo-haa-nathan requested that I clarify that there IS indeed a way to dial directly to the dormrooms... we're not that ghetto...

3 comments:

Jon V. said...

Very close thought, very close. Oh how I love VU.

Brent said...

Ghetto!

annie said...

hilarious.