Wednesday, October 24, 2007

my day

6am wake up. re-set alarm for 6:30 (my hair is clean, i can shower tonight)
6:30 hit snooze
6:45 get out of bed and get ready
7am leave for work
7:05 get gas
7:13 get coffee
7:21 on road for work
8am start work
12pm lunch (Rubio's. I ate a churro. Decided it would taste REALLY good if only it was spicy, so I dipped it into my salsa. not bad... but very weird, i realize)
1pm back to work- spend all afternoon on phone with panicked parents convinced that their children's dorms are on fire
2:30 classes cancelled until monday- the phone calls pour in.
4:48 attempt to leave to go home
4:49 overhear phone conversation between my supervisor and someone very important that after hours phone message needs to be changed... i'm the only person who can do this...
5:05 overhear my supervisor say, "but we don't really have anyone who can work the switchboard until 11pm......"
(wanna bet?)
6:15 Amazing boyfriend brings me dinner
11pm I get to go home

don't worry. this is actually working out to be a pretty sweet deal... ;)

4 comments:

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Thanks!!!!

Brent said...

6:30 awesome boyfriend brings dinner

E.Money said...

aww that is awesome! good job brent!! long day amber...you're amazing. :)

Heather McTaggart said...

THANKS FOR THE VISIT YESTERDAY! Wow, it was great to see you! So, guess what...NO D'LAND today, sick kid! BUT, tell Brent I am taking his advice and will do it soon! THANKS AGAIN!