Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Potter part 1

At midnight tonight I'll be sitting in a movie theater in Foothill Ranch, alone, with 3,000 other lunatics (most of whom will be dressed up in robes, holding sticks (pretending they're wands) and checking out each others' "scars" which in all reality were created with eyeliner drawn on their foreheads in the shape of a lightning bolt- most likely by their mothers). and then there will be me. sitting between two strangers, wearing my jeans, rainbows and a hoodie, waiting to see Harry Potter. i will be sitting between two strangers mostly because a certain Sharon can't commit to spontaneity, and partly because I don't know anyone who actually likes Harry Potter. Chris doesn't even like it, he was just being nice but then had a panic attack when he realized that he would be out until 3am... so I revoked my invitation in an attempt to remove the source of the stress, only to incite offense at being un-invited.

alas... I want to see this movie so badly that I'm going- even if I must go by myself.
See? I CAN commit.

3 comments:

Shanda said...

You make me laugh!

Keith said...

Amber! First, it is good to see you alive and well! Second, I would have loved to see HP with you!! I love it! I actually went last night -- which was good -- but I definitely didnt fit in with the people I went with. They are very much the super potter-heads!! Haha. Anyway, give a shout when you can. Hope you are well.

Brent said...

I wasn't invited.