Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Do you smell... bacon?

At work, my department (IT) is "buddies" with the Business Services Department. We're like the black sheep of Vanguard- no one really cares when things go well, but if stuff goes wrong, it's always our fault. One of the girls in the BSO, Miss Kristi, is expecting a baby and we bet if she was having a boy or a girl. I honestly thought she was having a boy. I still believe she's having a boy. Sonograms lie all the time. But that doesn't matter.
Four other guys (and two girl student workers) and I signed up that she was having a boy and EVERYONE else (all 20 of them) thought she'd be having a girl. Well, the doctor says it's going to be a girl, so the six of us got to make breakfast on Monday for everyone.
When I say "breakfast" I mean bacon, eggs, saussage, pancakes, waffles and mini-muffins (okay, those were store-bought). So guess who got to make saussage and bacon on a hot plate in the other office? ME!!
I had a TON of fun cooking with the boys (even if one of them did whine like a little girl the whole time... I told him to knock it off and threatened to cut him with my serrated spatula) and the girls were all so gracious- it was a really great morning!
When I got back to my desk, one of my IT co-workers walked by my desk and stopped, turned around, walked back to my desk, inhaled deeply and said "I smell bacon..." and floated off to his desk.This happened several times in a five minute period...
I then smelled my clothes. Bacon.
I smelled my arm. Bacon.
I smelled my hair. Bacon.
Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

A friend of mine stopped by my desk that afternoon. He smiled and said "You smell amazing."
... to which I replied, "Get away from me."

I posted as my status on monday that I smelled like bacon- Lisa insisted that every man reading my facebook status that day would want to make-out with me.
My friend Rick posted this awesome link to a Taco Bell commercial that perfectly depicts the reaction I got from the guys in my office on Monday.

No comments: