Wednesday, November 28, 2007

update

Hello Lovers,
Sorry. I haven't felt much like blogging lately. Not that i don't have things or events to blog about, but I haven't been feeling all that hot and just didn't feel like it.
As it turns out, there's an actual, legitimate reason that I have been sick for so long- I have mono.
Actually, it's an Epstein Barr Virus Infection. It's the virus that causes mono, and less than 10% of people with EBV have ANY symptoms at all- it usually lies dormant. (Did you know you can be a carrier of mono and not have it? That's what EBV is- most adults have been infected at some point in their lives, which is why it's uncommon for older adults to have mono- they've already been exposed to the virus)
But in my lucky case, I have all the wonderful symptoms of mono- persistent sore throat, fever (first time I've ever had a fever over 99.... not fun), body aches, night sweats, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, and exhaustion (It's nice to know that there's actually something going on in my body rather than feeling like a weakling for being totally and completely exhausted from walking across the mall)...
But it's just easier to call it mono than to say "I have what causes mono, and I have all the symptoms of mono, but it's not actually mono... "
So that's the latest and greatest.
Love you all,
Amber

*Please disregard most of this post: I found out on Friday that it is indeed Mononucleosis.

2 comments:

Insured Asset Solutions said...

And to think that I laughed at myself when I told that to Brent a few weeks back...I hope you feel better!

Heather McTaggart said...

mono...kissing a little too much sister!? Just kidding...feel better! REALLY I MISS YOUR MUG!