Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Hereditary...

More than once, I've been confronted on something that, until yesterday, I was unable to accept as truth. People in my life have told me it's a problem, and that they're concerned. I just brush them off, telling them it's NOT a problem, I have it under control, and to mind their own beeswax.
Yesterday I spent the day with my mother and grandmother at Disneyland. After observing their habits and behaviors, I had no choice but to be honest with myself about what I've been denying for so long. It was like looking in a mirror (or two). I realized that this habit has been passed down from generation to generation. We all share the same problem.

None of us can walk in a straight line.

I'm serious.
Watching the three of us walking (or weaving) through Disneyland, you would have thought we'd first stopped at the wine tasting booth at California Adventure... (we had not, I might add)
It's nice to know that it's not just me.
It's nice to know that the other women in my life struggle with this.
It's nice to have someone who understands when the men in our lives refuse to walk next to us...

1 comment:

Shanda said...

I can't walk in a straight line either. I've always thought if I ever get pulled over and they want to test me for drunk driving... I'll fail the walk the line test and be arrested! :o)

PS I am calling you back soon... And we need to hang out. :o)