Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In the name of.... Vanity

Yesterday I used some new lip gloss... the kind that plumps your lips up and makes you look like you might be related to Goldie Hawn...
Firstly, let me just say, that I've never experienced pain like that before.. my mom used to tell me when I was little "You've gotta suffer* to be beautiful."
But this was different. It was like the slow burning of acid on your lips... But I'm a tough girl, so I stuck it out.
Today my lips STILL hurt. But this time it's my mouth and the area of my face AROUND my lips that's itchy, still burning and red and puffy. I kind of look like I ate something I'm allergic to (think Hitch... just not as severe).
I'm beginning to think having big full beautiful lips just isn't worth it...

*Suffering includes but is not limited to: burning your forehead whilest curling your bangs, sleeping in curlers, waxing, shaving, wearing uncomfortable undergarments, NOT eating that cookie, and putting snake venom on your lips to make them big and beautiful.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Thanks for the warning.

Keith said...

Wow. I don't know where to begin. I guess that women should be proud of who God made them, regardless of lip size, or eye color, or WHATEVER, is really much more attractive than the girls who "go through the pain," paint it on, etc.

Also, I'm glad I'm a boy. I love cookies.

Jon V. said...

Sounds like you might actually be allergic. Just a thought. And I agree with Keith, I'm glad to be a boy.