Saturday, July 19, 2008

Disneyland Day

My mom convinced my Grandma to come visit for a few days so I took a vacation day and spent it with them at Disneyland.

I can't remember the last time I spent the whole day there, but we had so much fun. We got there at 9:45 (just before California Adventure Opened) and got in line early for the new ToyStory Mania ride. We rode ToyStory Mania (oh my goodness... cutest ride EVER!), Soaring Over California, went to Turtle Talk and saw Aladdin (all before lunch!). We then headed over to Disneyland for lunch and got seats to watch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (my mom's favorite show). I've seen this show tons of times, usually begrudgingly (same songs, same lame jokes, and I guess the origional guy (who was really funny) doesn't work there anymore... ). Everytime I go with my mom, I hope and pray that they do my favorite part, where they play each other's instruments, but they haven't done it in YEARS... Well, THEY DID IT! And it was AWESOME!


It totally made an already wonderful day even more wonderful!
After Billy Hill we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, the Jungle Cruise and the Casey Junior train (The short but ridiculously slow moving line was NOT worth the wait, but it was still super cute) I took a few pictures that looked like I was in a helicopter...

We then met Brent for dinner at Storyteller's Cafe (let me just say that I HATE it when places change their menu...). I orderd the Pirate Punch (Minute Maid light raspberry lemonade) with a light up Tinker Bell and color changing straw. I got laughed at (twice) by the waiter who served it to me.

It was such a fun day- I was so blessed to get to spend a whole day with my mom and grandma just having fun and laughing and talking.

No comments: