Sunday, February 24, 2008

swell season..

I should be reading, but instead I'm watching the accadamy awards. and crying like a baby.

Markita Irglova and Glann Hansard just won an accadamy award for their song "Falling Slowly" from the film "Once." (If you haven't seen it, stop what you're doing, and go watch it. Go! Now!) Anyways, as they were announcing the nominees, I began thinking about how I came to love the album that inspired the movie...

"Once" came out in theaters last summer, and though I couldn't get anyone to go with me to see the film and for some reason I didn't want to go alone (I'm usually a good solo movie goer, often I prefer it). I knew the music was supposed to be amazing, so I bought the album that inspired the film on itunes. Best ten bucks I've ever spent.

That record helped me process a difficult time in my life and remains very close to my heart. It was so special, seeing them win for such a beautiful song!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Great album. Decent movie.

I'm glad they won.

Jessica Jenkins said...

DECENT movie??!! Whatever Brent... I saw them win the academy award too, so great.

.:rustinklafka said...

fantastic album, fantastic movie... there is more passion and heart in his music than i've seen and heard in a long time. i actually recommended the movie to a dozen people at a church i spoke at this weekend. glad to hear you have good taste.

peace be with you.