Thursday, February 14, 2008

less like haunting, more like remember...

I found a new blog today.
Well, actually, it found me. and in it are some of the most thoughtful, candid, transparent and honest entries from a man who's heart's desire is to follow hard after the heart of God and to be found in him.
As I was reading this blog, I came across a comment that struck me like a baseball bat across the back of my head:
Sometimes it feels like my memories are killing my soul.

Sometimes memories hurt. Sometimes they're terrifying. Sometimes embarrassing. Sometimes haunting.

I need to be aware: where is my focus? Who am i giving my thoughts to? Am I holding every thought captive and bathing it in prayer?
am i allowing my past and my guilt to dictate my future?
i constantly have to stop and remind myself "no! i'm forgiven, i'm freed, i'm redeemed! that's not who i am anymore"

thank you, jesus...

2 comments:

chym and stack said...

have you found this blog yet?


www.electiongold.blogspot.com

.:rustinklafka said...

thank you. it's always encouraging to hear how God works in and through you. the fire within my spirit burns hotter today.

thanks again.

peace be with you,

.:rustinklafka
revolverministries.blogspot.com