Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lazy Sunday

This morning I spent a few hours in the living room with my laptop returning emails, taking the "Are You On A Boat?" quiz on Facebook (I am, by the way), and watching the Food Network while I folded several loads of laundry. I also got some work done, so all in all, it was a very productive morning.
I'm totally mystified by the Food Network. Even though I rarely cook, I still love it.
After about 40 minutes, I came to the following conclusions:
-Paula Dean can never have enough butter. I'm okay with that.
I also wish I had a southern accent so it would sound as cute as Paula when I called people "sugga"
-Sandra Lee kind of scares me. She makes it seem very glamorous to be a "lady of leisure" and I'm a tiny bit concerned about her drinking habits. (Don't get me wrong. I really like her program and don't have anything against her. She just seems to not have gotten the memo that it's 2009 and not 1949. If I was a feminist, I'd probably really dislike her. But I'm not. So I don't.)
-I want a marriage as affectionate as the Neelys. I love that when they ask each other for kisses they say "gimme some of that brown sugar!"

1 comment:

Keith said...

You know, friend, I miss you. Give me a buzz and we can catch up. If you don't have my number, shoot me an email.

pineappletie@gmail.com